Check out the conservapedia article on feminism. Wow.
Feminism originally was an expression used by suffragettes – who were predominantly pro-life – to obtain the right for women to vote in the early 1900s in the United States and the United Kingdom. By the 1970s, however, liberals had changed the meaning to represent people who favored abortion and identical roles or quotas for women in the military and in society as a whole.
Specifically, a modern feminist tends to:
- believe that there are no meaningful differences between men and women
- oppose chivalry and even feign insult at harmless displays of it
- view traditional marriage as unacceptably patriarchal
- shirk traditional gender activities, like baking
- support affirmative action for women
- detest women who are happy in traditional roles, such as housewives, and especially dislike those who defend such roles
- prefer that women wear pants rather than dresses, presumably because men do
- seek women in combat in the military just like men, and coed submarines
- refuse to take her husband’s last name when marrying
- distort historical focus onto female figures, often overshadowing important events (Eg: Henry VIII’s wives take precedence in common knowledge to his actual reign.)
- object to being addressed as “ma’am”
Yes, there is an online conservative encyclopedia. And yes, there is a lot more juicy stuff in it.